It’s Monday! Pack extra energy today with these amazing ALMOND HEALTHY BITES. Do I love them just because they are non-bake, easy to make, gluten free, vegan, and also Paleo? Oh no, not just because of THAT. I love them because they are delicious with a salty and sweet satisfying combination – and at only 55 CALORIES a pop. What are you waiting for?
This recipe calls for tahini, which you can easily find at the peanut butter and honey section of Whole Foods. Did you know tahini is actually made of sesame seeds? I didn’t! As I also didn’t know the following cool health benefits of tahini.
- It’s rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- Packed with calcium, vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
- It has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts.
- It’s easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is great for assisting in weight loss.
Ta-dah. These ALMOND HEALTHY BITES are not only tasty, but packed with good stuff. And who doesn’t want good stuff on a Monday?
Makes around 22 bites.
- 12 pitted dates (soak them in warm water 30 minutes before getting started)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- a pinch of sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon raw coconut nectar (you can replace with maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
In a food processor, chopped the almonds (they should look gritty, but not pasty or too fine). Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the sesame seeds), and mix well.
With a tablespoon, carefully lift some of the sticky mixture, and make a ball with the palms of your hands, then roll into the 1/4 cup of sesame seeds until totally coated. Set aside.
Refrigerate for up to 4 hours for best taste and consistency (I do eat all the food processor bowl goodness and it’s great, but nothing tastes like the actually bite right out of the refrigerator).They are great to pack for lunch or when you are out and around. And now one of my new favorite treats!